Formosa features a total solution and is intended for ROV DIY makers. It saves DIY makers the hassle to develop or integrate hardware and software and thus allows makers to focus on other aspects of building ROV such as mechanical design and waterproof solution.
- Formosa is ready to play. Modules are partially assembled, tested and calibrated before shipping. Users can install it easily and enter the Factory Test Mode for adjustment if necessary
- Based on the router solution, the ROV Baroque board and Reel Baroque board can set up subnetwork easily and provide better data routing speed
- Formosa contains the client-server software architecture, making it possible for users to control the ROV by his/her notebook/tablet and the chrome browser
- Formosa optimizes hardware stacking to save more space on the ROV Tube
- Formosa is a total solution providing the following components: the 1080p camera module, the Mazu sensor board, ESC, the ESC control board, neutral buoyancy lines and XBOX 360 Joysticks
The following items are required for operation but are not included in the Formosa solution.
- Make sure the notebook/tablet has WIFI or RJ45 interface.
- The operation system must be Window 10/8 or Linux (Ubuntu 16 or later version)
- Make sure that the chrome version (70.0.3538.77) suggested by ROV MAKER is installed
DC power cable :
- Users should prepare the DC power cable that meets the working voltage of the ROV Baroque board and the reel Baroque board