This post introduces the waterproof glue filling based on ASGARD waterproof housing course provided by ROV MAKER for DIY ROV. This course is mainly to cooperate with a university laboratory to complete the waterproof work and underwater test of their self-made ROV.
About ROV DIY, there are five topics to consider: software, hardware, thrusters, mechanisms, and waterproofing. The first four items are not a problem for university research institutes, only waterproofing is a rare teaching course and practical experience in schools.
ROV MAKER has accumulated considerable experience in waterproofing during ROV Voyager II development. Voyager II has also obtained quality certification through two years of use at NCKU University. The waterproof mentioned here refers to the waterproof level of more than 50 meters underwater.
A university in northern Taiwan, which is cooperating with this time, has purchased ASGARD waterproof housing as the waterproof cabin of their ROV control system. ROV MAKER provides a three-day waterproof glue filling and test course for it
- Introduction of potting tools
- Selection of AB epoxy resin
- The treatment of the wire before glue filling
- Glue implementation
- Air-tightness test on glued waterproof adaptors
- Introduction of the simple 50-meter underwater pressure test simulation equipment, and the actual 50-meter water pressure simulation test
- Demonstration of docking of glued adaptors to ASGARD housing and introduction of tools used
- Demonstration of the airtightnes test of the sealed ASGARD waterproof Housing with glued adaptor after assembly
After the ROV is fullyassembled, the hardware, software and thruster are tested. Then start the third course, the actual water test and adjust the weight.
The laboratory we cooperated with this time is a very strong team, which independently completed the remote control of their ROV software, the propeller control and the ROV flame. After completing this waterproof glue filling training course, they could move towards further functional development based on their self-made ROV.